Reading can be a pastime, gaining knowledge and getting inspiration. In this era where technology is adamant, it would still be nice to read books and novels. These days, avid readers can easily choose between printed books and e-books. Printed books and e-books cater to different readers. Printed ones are often bought and read by people who acquire books, while e-books are for those who travel light.
Why do people engage in reading? What do people get from it? Let’s check into why reading is good for you.
- Gain Knowledge
- Exercises your Brain
- Improve focus and memory
- Improve communication skills
- Reduce Stress
- Improve mental health
- Improves empathy
- Live longer
Now that the benefits of reading have been listed, some recommended books might be interesting.
- The Book of Ichigo Ichie: The Art of Making the Most of Every Moment, the Japanese Way by Francesc Miralles and Hector Garcia – The book is about cherishing and making the most of your daily life as moments and events won’t happen again. Seize the day, as people would say.
- Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles – The book describes finding purpose and reason to get up every day.
- Wabi Sabi: Japanese Wisdom for a Perfectly Imperfect Life by Beth Kempton – The book tackles seeing beauty in imperfection and appreciating simplicity.
- You Are Not So Smart by David McRaney – The book is about an entertaining illumination of the stupid beliefs that make us feel wise.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – This book is a neo-noir psychological thriller wherein a reporter finds a chance to redeem himself by solving a murder.
- Para Kay B by Ricky Lee – This fiction book showcases multiple love stories. The book’s design works significantly well with the stories inside.
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu – The book is about military tactics used by ancient Chinese generals. It tackles strategies and tactics on how to deal with conflict.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan are five fictional books about a young teenager struggling to fit in and finding about Greek Gods and Goddesses. It is an excellent series to read for young kids and teens.
Reading is a great hobby, but with the rise of technology, many people dislike reading books, novels, and such. Most Filipinos focus on other things, which is why our country falls behind. It may not always be the best activity, but it can help you in countless ways. We encourage you to try reading any genre you prefer. You can start by trying out our recommendations.
Are you an avid reader too? Give us book recommendations and suggestions. Leave them in the comments below.